Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Remeniscant Ramblings

Everyone is kicking my butt at blogging.
I will not be beaten!!

Something that has been on my mind lately, is the fact that my friends and I are aging.
THAT'S RIGHT!
We are getting old, people.

Some of us can remember back to before we'd lost all our baby teeth and were still wearing knee socks, penny loafers and plaid headbands to school.

Here are some things that blow my mind.

1. We graduated from high school
I remember being in 7th grade and thinking that graduation was five years away and we'd never make it. That seemed like an eternity to me, and we're almost two years on the other side of that day.

2. Everyone went their separate ways.
Kaitlin and I to DBU, Jess to Abeline, Clayton and Michael to Seminary...
I knew we'd be apart after high school, but it's still so weird to not be a collective unit like we used to be. In some ways, I think that helped us grow stronger. I definitely value our time together more than I did a couple of years ago.

3. We completed a year of college.
Does anyone else feel like that year went by INSANELY fast?? Dear Lord.. It seems like yesterday I was moving in for SWAT and freaking out about finding my classes. Now I'm a freaking junior. What is going on?!

4. We met new friends.
God has been so good to us. He has brought people into our lives both individually and as a group that have truly blessed us. I know that my DBU friends are amazing and Jess has some great people at ACU that she loves. And we've got Steven, Matt, Nick, Krista and others that have come into the group. We're incredibly lucky to be surrounded by such amazing people.

5. We grew individually, in Christ and together.
Despite the distance, despite the challenges, we are all still close.
It's really amazing, I can't believe that I'm still best friends with the people that I loved and grew up with in elementary school, junior high and high school.
We are a strange bunch of people, my friends. But we work so well together.

I love my friends so fiercely and I can't imagine my life without any of you guys.
I would be lucky to have just one of you, but I'm more than that because I have all of you.

Thank you for accepting me, good and bad, and always encouraging me to be a better person and a stronger force for Christ. I hope that we carry on in these friendships for many years to come.


Ok enough sappy-ness for one day.
We're the best, end of story.

In the name of: Love, Life, Friendship, Continual Growth and Corporate Unity...
KatieIrene.

1 comment:

KP said...

I think what I love most about us is that we are all so different and have such different ideas and interpretations of life, and yet we all mold together so well and complete each other... so amazing!

Love ya girl!